Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Saw The Light

   
     Hank Williams is probably my very very favorite artist of all time. I remember my friends would always groan when I wanted to listen to some good ol honky tonkin music. Well I got to thinking about what maybe my favorite song  of his was and it didn't take me long to decide that it was "I Saw The Light".    
   The lyrics of it are...
I wandered so aimless life filled with sin, I wouldn't let my dear saviour in.
Then Jesus came like a stranger in the night, Praise the Lord I saw the light. 
Just like a blind man I wandered along, Worries and fears I claimed for my own
Then like the blind man that God gave back his sight, Praise the Lord I saw the light.
I was a fool to wander and a-stray, Straight is the gate and narrow the way
Now I have traded the wrong for the right, Praise the Lord I saw the light.
No more darkness no more night, Praise the Lord I saw the light.
Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight,Praise the Lord I saw the light.
   This song has the most wonderful lyrics and uplifting message as any Ive ever heard before. He is constantly comparing the glory of Jesus to a Bright light just as prophets have through out time. In Alma Chapter 38 Verse 9 ot The Book of Mormon the Prophet Alma is teaching his son Shiblon. And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness.  
     Hank and Alma are spot on with their testimonies of the savior. Hank portrays the happiness that Jesus has brought into his life really well as does Alma testifying that through Christ we can be saved in the kingdom of our father. Ill add my testimony right in there and say that I do know that Jesus Christ is the Light! He is my savior and redeemer and I love him with all of my heart. I invite everyone else to grow closer to Christ and our Heavenly Father by Praying, going to church and reading the Scriptures. I know that these will bless my life as it will yours.

Love Yall
Elder Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment