Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas and Snow

    Ahhh Winter time. My most favorite time of the year! Some of you would argue that Its cold or windy or snowy or cold and windy and snowy. But I beg to stand up and stand out. You might call me crazy and you might even find me complaining but I love the winter season more than anything in the world.
   Oh yes I have my reasons. Well the first one would be Hunting. I love hunting, a lot. And guess what time of year it comes around, late fall to early winter. Usually ill start off with some pheasant hunting in early fall, followed by the dove hunt, then the deer hunt followed by elk and ducks and geese and wrapping up in the spring with some Turkey hunting. Yup I hunt all of this and sometimes even more, so this would be my reasoning behind my love for the hunting season. Oh yea Ice Fishing too.
   Reason number two would be for the Christmas presents. Oh come on whats better than the over commercialization of Jesus Christ's birth by getting tonnes of free stuff. Hey the wise men did give gifts to Jesus himself. Yea gold frankincense and myrrh. Yes I'm kidding. Of course i don't believe in the sick disportrayal, mockery and idolship that is made during Christmas time by all those who loose the true spirit of Christmas. Yea I'm kidding again, I'm not that mad about it but really, what if Christ himself where here seeing this all going on what would he say? I love getting presents and I love giving presents too. Makes me happy, and I love free stuff ha ha. But we should never loose the true meaning of this season. To celebrate the Son of the Living God coming down to this earth to preform his mission. The start of his life in bringing every soul unto his Father. I love Christmas time and i love the songs, the decorations and the gifts but let us never loose the true meaning of this day.
    And to put the polish on this baby I would speak about the snow. I love Snow! Yea i said it, not only like it, I love it! I like coming in on a cold day and drinking come nice hot co-co. I love getting stuck in the mountains and cuddling to get warm. I love shoveling sidewalks to show others you care. I love when it blows in my face, when I fall down and am walking through the house in socks and step on some melted snow (water bomb).  I love it all. And the beauty that comes from the snow is unparalleled but anything. Nothing compares to a majestic mountain peak covered in snow or a herd of elk running in the high mountain powder. And to me it also stands as a witness. About how much weight and volume of snow we really get. In my valley in central Utah about 95% of the moisture and water used for growing crops and watering livestock come from the huge amount of snow high up in the mountains. How amazing is the power of God to make all of this happen! Millions and millions of pounds of snow is carried up by the wind and delivered in the mountains and valleys and stored well into the summer for a better use at later time. Wow God is Awesome!
    I love this time of year and all the many countless things that can come from it. It is my favorite part of year and I hope it is yours too, well I at least hope you see why I love it. Well remember Christ, dress warm and drive safe! Happy Holidays!

Love Yall
Elder Savage


No comments:

Post a Comment